Monday, July 30, 2012

One year anniversary!

It's been so long since I updated this blog. Sometimes I just want to give up on it because writing is so hard for me. Taking pictures or baking is so much easier.
But then I see people sharing my blog on FB or I get emails from people encouraging me to write more. So be it!
4th of July will always be a twisted date for me. Not for the reason most of americans celebrate it. It's because on 4th of July of last year I was normal. My life was normal, my health was very good and my plans for the future were very big. The 5th of July is when everything just broke down because of a simple phone call...you have cancer.
So I've been fighting this monster for over a year now. I had good days but I had more bad days.
The pain and the fear is what pushed me down all along. There is nothing I was able to do to get rid of it. Sometimes I hear stories about people who have cancer and live a normal life. Keep their jobs, raise their kids and do all the cancer treatments they are suppose to do. I have met some of those women. Some were stage 1 or 2 breast cancer. I have never met anyone with terminal cancer, nobody who is young like me. If I could meet that person I would only have one question "how do you survive?"
Right now it's probably the worst time of my cancer journey. The doctors are using the strongest pain medications, chemo is every week, radiation in between, scans...what if we run out? That's what I'm asking myself every day.
Because I have been in so much pain lately I have thought about death more and more. We always ask ourselves what heaven is like. I imagine it as a place like this life. Who says I would lose Chloe or people that I love? Maybe they are just waiting on the other side. But I still hold on to this life...don't know why, it just seems the right thing to do.
I had more and more conversations with friends about stopping my treatment. That means people feel me suffering and feel my pain. And they are giving up on me...I'm not hurt by that. I wouldn't want any of my friends to hurt like that. The problem is just that we don't know. We don't know what gods plan is. Maybe one day I will wake up from this nightmare and all the cancer will be gone?
I talked to a therapist a year ago and she told me over 50% of advanced or terminal cancer patients commit suicide. I completely understand. But that is not an option for me. I don't want Chloe to live with that for the rest of her life.
Right now nothing makes really sense. I have a good life, I love my family, making new friends and I have everything my heart desires. But I don't have the health to enjoy it.
I'm doing Chemo every week and it's still hard on me. You would think my body would be used to it by now but that is not the case. I still have the nightmares, the pain, the dark feeling like a demon is taking over my body. And I still can't really put it in words.
I miss those days where I would just get up and go. Get a coffee, shopping for clothes or go to the beach. I feel like I'm a prisoner of my own body. And I try. I get up and try to make it outside...but then I get a fever or an infection in return.
Death sounds so good sometimes.
Sometimes I look at pictures of my girlfriends on FB and wish that was me...living a normal life, I gave up that dream a long time ago. And a couple of months ago I was taking it day by day, now I'm taking it hour by hour. I know those 700 pills a day is what keeps me running. It also gives me horrible side effects. I'm not myself anymore, I lost the real me somewhere on the way. Now I'm just here, trying to survive. Trying to get into my child's memory so she won't forget her mother. Almost pathetic.
I know my friends love me very much and want me around for a very long time, but I feel like this is coming to an end. I don't see the purpose for this anymore.
I hope everyone learned how strong cancer can be. I was a very strong person but it broke me down.
Some things we just have to leave up to god...


25 comments:

  1. you're so strong. you inspire me to fight the good fight and stop worrying about my petty problems.

    ~a random reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful to see that although you are in a difficult moment, your heart is full of love and care for chloe. My wishes for good times with her. I am sure she will have a great memory of your strenght and your beautiful example of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Terrible cruel disease lost for words for you, thinking of you X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani was taken home today to be with the Lord. She is in now in peace, in Gods arms, resting comfortably. Thank you to all who have followed her blog, loved her, laughed and cried with her. She will be missed but we will meet again someday. We love you Dani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dani
      I would have loved to have know you. Your word cut right through to my heart. I also have terminal illness. Pancreatic Cancer. I also have a near extinguished fire, as my illness has the least amount of hope. The beauty of your soul shine through your words. I have no doubt you are in heaven. I hope I am good enough to meet you one day.

      Delete
  5. You will be remember as a loving and caring person. You were a fighter and your family and close friends are very proud of everything you've done. The Lord's angels will take care of you now. Rest in peace Dani.
    Sincerely, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rest in peace Dani. You have only left our world to go to a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."- 2 Timothy 4:7

    Dani, I never met you however I knew your story from a close friend who was treating you. I know that one day I will have the chance to meet you in Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From a cousin-in-law from Franklin, TN. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to talk via your blog and FB page. Your strength and faith were amazing and I'm very thankful you were able to share your story with so many others. Chloe will always be loved and taken very good care of! Rest now Dani - you are cancer and pain free!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss you so much Dani and Chloe will always be loved from all of us!! Rest in peace Dani.<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rest in Peace Dani. You are an inspiration! Thank you for touching my life through Dtop A Love Bomb. You won't be forgotten.

    Ange xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You dear soul. Thank you for bringing this horrible disease to the attention of younger people who never think it will touch them. Thank you for getting them to be aware. Rest in Peace Dani.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure if this helps.. my mom just died from pancreatic cancer on aug 24,2012.. i have been researching a cure... it is said the chemo and radiation help speed up cancer.. a cure i found to be possible was baking soda and maple syrup.. cancer loves sugar so dont eat alot of that.. funny the hospital kept giving to my mom... google it. Cancer survives with lack of oxygen.. the syrup is said to lead the baking soda there which kills cancer sells.. i thought this might be good info.. there is also oxygen threapy they use in china..

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reading this blog for a while now. I found it because I'm ill& typed in " what does it feel like to be terminal" I know you're with Jesus &the angels...you are an angel Daniel. Your blog is why I continue to fight. I've cried so many tears reading what you've gone thru& how strong you were for all...&your beautiful sweet daughter. This blog will always touch me. Wish I could've helped you.
    So much to say...thank you for sharing your life, your fight. God Bless you Chloe. Your mum is with the angels watching over you now ....God Bless. Gina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rest In Peace Dani..
    May God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Irumole); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
    for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you have many anniversaries - cancer free.
    If - for any reason - you would like to talk to me -
    I cured my own cancer and have been researching
    cancer therapies ever since - please contact me.
    Staying cancer free is a choice. It's a lifestyle choice.
    Really. Honest. Maybe you know this already - but -
    if you're NOT consciously choosing to change your
    entire life - it can always come back. I'm a personal
    coach and have been writing for years now about
    preventing cancer and beating it - naturally.
    My website will go live this summer:
    http://7secretstocuringcancernow.com

    A root-canal tooth caused my breast cancer.
    Who would have known? Everything in my
    life changed as a result of taking this path.
    I'm sure you understand. The best to
    you! Judith Dew at: dewinit4u@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete
  18. At times of hardship the only thing that gets you through is faith. Whether u are a christian, muslim, jew..whatever, the belief in God is what gives you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! But contrary to what people think about cancer- It is quite curable, but not with chemotherapy. For more details, just let me know through my email. You can beat cancer. Yes, you can through natural intakes.

    ReplyDelete

  20. My name is Mrs Angela khan from Holland am here because of he wonderful thing that has happened to my husband who had prostrate cancer Doctor us my husband will die of the postrate cancer in the next 5 months All our hopes was lost my husband was already thinking he would die luckily for us, My husband met a friend who introduced him to a Doctor kwameh appiah and to our surprise, just 3 weeks of meeting Doctor kwameh appiah the test result my husband did four days ago showed that the cancer had reduced by almost 60 percent. My husband now lives a normal life and i know that before the 8 weeks Doctor kwameh appiah gave us the cancer will be gone
    please don't lie to yourself that you dont need help or you only rely on your doctor, try and get half where you find it.please if you have postrate cancer or anything related to cancer please contact Doctor kwameh appiah on email ( doctorkwamehappiah@gmail.com) l know a lot of people have the same problem my husband had and they need help. i will be very happy to someone just the same way and my husband were helped. god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  21. My name is Mrs Angela khan from Holland am here because of he wonderful thing that has happened to my husband who had prostrate cancer Doctor us my husband will die of the postrate cancer in the next 5 months All our hopes was lost my husband was already thinking he would die luckily for us, My husband met a friend who introduced him to a Doctor kwameh appiah and to our surprise, just 3 weeks of meeting Doctor kwameh appiah the test result my husband did four days ago showed that the cancer had reduced by almost 60 percent. My husband now lives a normal life and i know that before the 8 weeks Doctor kwameh appiah gave us the cancer will be gone
    please don't lie to yourself that you dont need help or you only rely on your doctor, try and get half where you find it.please if you have postrate cancer or anything related to cancer please contact Doctor kwameh appiah on email ( doctorkwamehappiah@gmail.com) l know a lot of people have the same problem my husband had and they need help. i will be very happy to someone just the same way and my husband were helped. god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete